Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

My Mad Fat Diary, Ordinary Lies and Toast of London Pilot plus Our Girl

I must say that I am very glad I was able to watch all 3 seasons of My Mad Fat Diary ("MMFD") before it leaves Hulu today. Shazad Latif is Dr. Nick Kassar throughout Season/Series 1, who is given the rather accurate moniker of "Expert moistener of lady gardens" by the main character, Rae Earl. The Dr. Nick gifs below are from a reblog of a reblog on Tumblr. An unintended consequence of watching MMFD was becoming slightly obsessed with another gorgeous brit, Nico Mirallegro, who plays Finn Nelson. 




In other streaming adventures, I signed up for a 7-day Britbox trial so I was able to see the Toast of London Pilot "The Unspeakable Play" and watch Shazad Latif as Rick, a workshop mechanic, in Ordinary Lies, Season 1, Episodes 1-4. 

Aside from the gifs like the one above from Ginges be Cray I have not found too many gifs of Shazad Latif as Rick, so I will possibly make some in the future if I get around to it. Ordinary Lies was interesting enough to watch the Rick episodes, but I didn't care enough about any of the other characters to continue with the show after Rick makes his speedy exit at the end of Episode 4. 

As mentioned above, I find myself alternating between watching items from the filmographies of Shazad Latif and Nico Mirallegro. Before my Britbox trial runs out, I am trying to watch all of Season 4 of Our Girl because Nico plays the intelligent, charming nerd-stud character of Prof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment